Faucet and valve identification help needed....

Users who are viewing this thread

systemdown

Reaction score
Hi, I have the faucet below and am trying to replace the ceramic valve. I've been looking around for a new valve locally and on the internet and can't seem to find a perfect match. The closest one I found is made by Price Pfister #910-900 but the end of the stem is not the same (mine has 23 notches). Here's a couple of pictures, hopefully someone knows at least the brand name of this faucet. Thanks in advance. BTW, that's teflon tape on the stem....
faucet.jpg

faucet2.jpg

and this is the closest match that I've found
PRI-910-900.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stem

Recount the splines. It would be rare for them to be 23. 20 or 24 are more common. The spout looks like PP, but not the handles, so I doubt that is what you have. All of the stems "look" similar until you actually place them next to each other.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I agree with hj. The spout looks like the PP Bedford.>http://www.pricepfister.com/website/documents/Products/PRD_11rod_13793_1450.jpg

But the handles are wrong. Here is a possible scenario: someone switched out the handles at some point, with genric or non-pp handles. Hence the teflon tape to try t make it fit right??

The Bedord uses PP 910-024( cold ) and 910-025 ( hot ) ceramic stems. Your 910-100 is similar but not correct.

systemdown

Reaction score
hj, you are correct it is 24 splines and not 23 (I verified on the cold stem). The 910-025/4 look similar but have a bump on the bottom that mine don't. Here's a picture of the bottom:
faucet3.jpg

systemdown

Reaction score
Well after searching for this stem for so long and coming up with nothing (literally hours spent looking at diagrams of different manufacturers), I decided to try the Pfister stem/valve. Not much luck, the hole size is different. The Pfister one is much smaller in diameter. I have officially given up on this faucet, and I have ordered a new one. The new one is a Kohler coralais widespread. Thanks for help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks