Oetiker crimp tool

Users who are viewing this thread

dmaceld

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Oetiker ratchet crimp ring tool and the Oetiker stainless steel crimp rings? As a DIY building my own house it looks like a good way to go, especially since it's one tool for four sizes. One local supply house has Oetiker available for about $150. Half again as pricey as the Taiwan brand at one local plumbing retailer, but looks like a better tool.

plumbernj

In the Trades
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Oetiker ratchet crimp ring tool and the Oetiker stainless steel crimp rings? As a DIY building my own house it looks like a good way to go, especially since it's one tool for four sizes. One local supply house has Oetiker available for about $150. Half again as pricey as the Taiwan brand at one local plumbing retailer, but looks like a better tool.

That is the tool I use for PEX. Very easy to use and never had a leak because of a bad clamp.

Gear Junkie

Plumber
Reaction score
I use the same one. I like this style of cinch rings because it's ss and since you tighten the ring from the side, you can always make sure the ring is square on the fitting.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I use a tool made by Raven Products for crimping the stainless steel rings. I paid around $50 for it! #PCT
http://www.ravenproducts.us/new.htm

pex-crimp-tool_sm.jpg

Construct30

Reaction score
Can you use the same cut off tool as the copper crimps if you need to remove a stainless steel style crimp with out hurting the fitting?

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Oetiker knows what they're about, in the world of clamps. There's a possibility that the PEX tools are made by Knipex, who makes the pincer tools used on Oetiker one-ear stainless clamps used in lawn sprinkler systems. I haven't heard any griping about Knipex tools.

There is a separate tool for breaking off a PEX clamp

http://flairit.com/new-product-introductions

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks