PEX manifold noise

Users who are viewing this thread

dmaceld

Reaction score
I'm planning on putting a PEX manifold for bathroom & utility room water supply in the wall of the utility room. The manifold will be 3/4" main line and 1/2" branch lines. The wall is common with a hallway that is part of the master bedroom. Am I asking for noise problems by doing this? If so, would 1/2" blue board behind the manifold be a good idea?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Most manifolds are 1". I've never heard noise from one.
They have 3/4" manifolds

Am I asking for noise problems by doing this? If so, would 1/2" blue board behind the manifold be a good idea?

I have not installed any manifolds yet, but do plan to install one for my house. I doubt it would make any or much noise. When you install it putting sheet rock behind it and maybe some door over it so you can close out any noise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks