Hi All,
I just purchased a faucet that came with a drain with an overflow. My vessel sink does not have an overflow, all it has is a hole in the bottom to insert the drain. I was told that I could cover the hole in the drain using pvc pipe cut to size and add another washer. I was told this was a called making an "overflow kit" and that plumbers do it all the time. Could anyone provide me with some expert advice on how to go about this?

Returning the sink is not an option, and I really do not want to purchase a new drain without an overflow.

Thanks in advance for any help, Mary