(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: I Need The Best Flushing Toilet...

Hybrid View

Exclamation I Need The Best Flushing Toilet...

I am a heavy commercial plumbing contractor and know what works best in the commercial realm, but I really don't stay informed on the light commercial/residential end of things. You can also read this as I don't know what is best in the "tank type" toilet end of the industry.

Here's my situation. I have four kids (all 10 and under). I want to replace an existing Kohler Wellworth that consistantly stops up with a Toto (from what I understand is the best flushing...read as least likely to stop up). This toilet is in a bathroom shared by two of my boys, so aesthetics is not important. My primary concern is flushing (non-clogging) ability (BUT I do not want a pressure assist...sounds like an airplane taking off). Price is not an issue.

Which Toto flushes the best? Does the Cyclone system flush as well or better or worse than the G-Max? What about one piece verses two piece? Again, I am simply looking for solids removal and price is not a concern.

Any advice is greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

David

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If price isn't an issue, then a Toto with Sanagloss

Drake CST744SG

Ultramax MS854114SG

The Best, The double cyclone models, the Soiree and Guinevere are the best of the bunch, combining flush, smooth glaze, and circular rinse.
    Last edited by Terry; 02-16-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Terry,

So in other words...you recomend one of the cyclones over the Drake or the Ultramax? Just making sure before I move forward.

Thanks,

David

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Double Cyclone flush

Yes, the Soiree and Guinevere are the best.

Default How about the best flushing 1.28

Assuming the same no cost restrictions what is the best flushing 1.28 gpf toilet in your impression?

Why are the Totos rated better flushers than the Caromas when cost doesnt matter? Sanigloss? Noise?

Quote Originally Posted by hussungdc View Post
    Terry,

So in other words...you recomend one of the cyclones over the Drake or the Ultramax? Just making sure before I move forward.

Thanks,

David

I agree with Terry. I've tried non-Cyclone Totos, and had a Sloan Flushmate pressure-assisted for about 5 years. The Flushmate never clogged, or at most once in 5 years, but is loud and scares kids.

I now have Toto Soiree and love it. Quiet, efficient, and fantastic bowl wash due to the double-cyclone design. It can be clogged, but you have to work at it...

Default Best 1.28

Assuming the same no cost restrictions what is the best flushing 1.28 gpf toilet in your impression?

The Caromas are used commercially because of the 4" trap way and because of that they are less likely to clog which reduces the maintenance issues later down the road.

Their skirted bowl offering clean lines also reduces the cleaning time in commercial applications and the seats snap on and off for easy cleaning also.

The system they have for the wax ring and bowl connection almost insures that you will never, ever, have to pull and reset the toilet due to a broken wax ring seal. You can move the bowl around after installation and it will not break the seal. You have to see the installation set up to understand why.

They do have a small water spot which can be an issue with some people.

In my opinion they are the most maintenance free, easy to clean toilets you can buy and they flush well.
    Last edited by Cass; 02-17-2008 at 04:28 AM.