Under sink filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Have a customer looking for an under sink filter to remove chlorine taste at the kitchen faucet cold water. Most of what I'm finding are whole house size filters or filters with dedicated faucets. My customer does not care for that idea. Only one I found close was a Whirlpool at the big box with a quarter-turn quick disconnect filter. I had a question for Whirlpool on whether you could bypass it or not. When I called their "tech support" (term used loosely) I was told they don't make that filter, here's another number. After being on hold 20 minutes for the next available assistant, I got put into "Charles' voicemail". All the time no company name was referenced. So I ran like I do from Whirlpool water heaters. Does anyone know of a compact under counter filter that will work in this application?

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Usually Home Depot will have displays in thier store with about 4 different ones to accomodate your clients needs (Under sink mount)

E

elvisclock

As a plumber you should offer Everpure. With a stainless housing you don't have to worry about it splitting and causing a flood. A bit more pricy but worth it. I have the H-300 installed in my house.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It really is a waste to filter chlorine out of all the water you might use at a kitchen sink to wash the dishes, etc. A separate point of use valve is much more efficient. The average activated charcoal filter has the undesireable side effect of providing a good place for nasty things to grow in it and should be flushed by running a few gallons through it after it has been sitting say overnight prior to using it for anything. In addition to filtering (absorbing) the chlorine, in the process it acts like a dense screen to stop any organic stuff that may be in the water. After some of that accumulates and the chlorine is removed, it isn't hard to get it contaminated and start growing things.

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
When changing an old filter cartridge, it's a good idea to run unfiltered water through an empty filter tank and dispenser for a few minutes. Taking a bleach soaked cotton swab to the dispenser tip every so often is also advised.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks