Just curious

Users who are viewing this thread

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't want to step on any toes, so if I'm out of line, please disregard this question . Thanks

Where is this site based?

Each state/province would have different plumbing/building codes, including allowable materials

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The forum sponsor is based in Seattle, WA. I believe he works under the UPC.
I and a few others are in California. The California Plumbing Code is based on the UPC with a lot of ifs/ands/buts.

We have a number of people from the East coast operating under the IPC, and folks from NYC and MASS, which both have their own unique codes.

We are aware that the answer to any particular question may not be exact, depending on code, and often that will be pointed out to the person asking the question. There are usually enough people posting that if the poster tells us where he is, someone will know his code.

Very good question, and look forward to hearing from you as often as you care to chime in!

Last edited:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo,

I'm from Ontario, Canada. (Don't hold it against me :p:p :D lol )

So our Codes vary from township to township. Often , If i'm working away from home, I have to check on regulations for the particular town that I'm working in for that day or week.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks