Drain size

Users who are viewing this thread

jpiazza

Reaction score
Hi. I have two questions pertaining to a shower remodel. One, I will have 4 or 5 shower heads producing a total 10-12.5 GPM. If everything is pitched and vented properly will a 2 inch drain be sufficient to get rid of the water? Second, does anyone have a suggestion as to how far apart body sprays can be to be effective? I'm thinking of putting in a 60x32" shower pan and putting the sprays on the 60" opposing walls. Thanks

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Hi. I have two questions pertaining to a shower remodel. One, I will have 4 or 5 shower heads producing a total 10-12.5 GPM. If everything is pitched and vented properly will a 2 inch drain be sufficient to get rid of the water?
Yes, it will be fine , assuming the pipe is clear of any blockages

Second, does anyone have a suggestion as to how far apart body sprays can be to be effective? I'm thinking of putting in a 60x32" shower pan and putting the sprays on the 60" opposing walls. Thanks
The sprays can be as far apart as you need them . Depending on how big you are. LoL :p :p J/K
Its a personal preference. If you stand in the shower stall, how much of the water sprays do you want hitting you?. Those body sprays should be adjustable {up, down, left and right}, like a regular shower head.

I also recommend to create a continueous loop from the first spray to all other sprays, and end back to the first head. That will ensure equal amount of pressure and flow from each body spray

Last edited:

jpiazza

Reaction score
Yes, the heads are adjustable. I just want to make sure I'm not standing in the shower and the sprays are hitting me from the waist up. I am dealing with about 45 psi. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks