(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Drain size

Default Drain size

Hi. I have two questions pertaining to a shower remodel. One, I will have 4 or 5 shower heads producing a total 10-12.5 GPM. If everything is pitched and vented properly will a 2 inch drain be sufficient to get rid of the water? Second, does anyone have a suggestion as to how far apart body sprays can be to be effective? I'm thinking of putting in a 60x32" shower pan and putting the sprays on the 60" opposing walls. Thanks
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by jpiazza View Post
    Hi. I have two questions pertaining to a shower remodel. One, I will have 4 or 5 shower heads producing a total 10-12.5 GPM. If everything is pitched and vented properly will a 2 inch drain be sufficient to get rid of the water?
    Yes, it will be fine , assuming the pipe is clear of any blockages

Quote Originally Posted by jpiazza View Post
    Second, does anyone have a suggestion as to how far apart body sprays can be to be effective? I'm thinking of putting in a 60x32" shower pan and putting the sprays on the 60" opposing walls. Thanks
    The sprays can be as far apart as you need them . Depending on how big you are. LoL J/K
    Its a personal preference. If you stand in the shower stall, how much of the water sprays do you want hitting you?. Those body sprays should be adjustable {up, down, left and right}, like a regular shower head.

I also recommend to create a continueous loop from the first spray to all other sprays, and end back to the first head. That will ensure equal amount of pressure and flow from each body spray
    Last edited by krow; 02-11-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Yes, the heads are adjustable. I just want to make sure I'm not standing in the shower and the sprays are hitting me from the waist up. I am dealing with about 45 psi. Thanks
    Jack