pump problem

Users who are viewing this thread

finkous

Reaction score
i have a shallow well and a new pressure tank and pump, and my problem is that i cant seem to get the pressure past 35 psi. the problem started with my old pump so i replaced it with another pump, it worked for a week and now i am back to the same problem. i can manually shut the pump off and the pressure stays at 30 psi eliminating the foot valve, i get water when the pump is on and remains at 30 psi for the duration its on so its not frozen, or at least not completely. the tube leading to the pressure switch is clear the water level to the 90 where it leaves the well is approx. 12 ft. the pressure tank doesnt seem to be filling up. i am at a loss here and was hoping someone could give me some ideas on what to check.

Last edited:

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
What make and model of pump? If you have a jet pump, with twin pipes going into the well, then there is an ejector assembly in the well to consider.

Speedbump

Reaction score
There is a jet in/on the pump if it's a shallow well jet pump. Or like Boots said in the well if it's a deep well jet. With the brand and horsepower along with the pumps specs, we can be more helpful.

bob...

finkous

Reaction score
its a shallow well pump so just one line with a foot valve at the bottom. honestly i dont know why make, model and horse power would be an issue here, it worked once so something has gone wrong. i'm a plumber by trade, i just dont deal with well pumps very often. i am gonna pull the pump apart and see if there is a blockage as today i cant get the water to flow now

Speedbump

Reaction score
The make and model are important because all things aren't what they appear to be.

If your gauge is accurate and your getting 38 lbs your jet is not plugged. You may have something in one or more of the volutes in the Impeller. Otherwise, I would recheck the water level.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks