yet another DWV

Users who are viewing this thread

sctclimbs

Reaction score
Been lurking for a long time but now just getting around to a bathroom remodel and could use any advice before the inspector shows up and makes me redo everything. I love everyone's use of Google SketchUp. Use it its free! http://sketchup.google.com/product_suf.html
(Shameless plug: they sponsor my cycling team)

What do you guys think of these models?

Things to note:
--My local code is IPC.
--IPC allows the double san tee for back to back water closets as long as the developed length is greater than 18 inches. I have about 3 feet on the right side and 4 feet on the left. (Model isnt to scale)
--I could vent the w.c's but best I can tell IPC allows for wet venting.
--The tub vent is 5 feet from the trap which I believe is right at the limit for the 1 1/2 pipe.
--Not shown is that I will convert to 2 inch as the lav. and shower dump in.
--The vents both are dry above and vent to the roof.

Options
#1: An easier option for me would be to drain the lav. into the vent for the tub but I am not sure if that is legal. Is it? WOuld be easier though as the wye's for the lav and shower will be in between joists and it will be a tight fit.

#2: If you guys hate the double ST with the side inlet, I may have room to drop down a little and use a double wye. The arms of the wye would extend up a bit to current level of the w.c. and then use a 45 to get back to horizontal. The other fixtures would enter the stack at the same level as shown in the model with a regular santee fitting. Guessing I would absolutely have to vent the w.c.'s then.
Thanks.

DWV-feb12.jpg
Close UP
DWV-feb12.2.jpg

Option #1
dwv-option2.jpg

Option #2 (will add vents for the w.c.'s)
dwv-option3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sctclimbs

Reaction score
Thanks, HJ. Looks like I will have room for the Double Wye in Option #3. Though IPC does allow the santee option, finding that fitting might be different story.

One question: when adding vents to the w.c's, do they need to the typical 42 inches off the floor or can they be lower. No problem for the toilet on the left. For the toilet on the right, I will have to hide the vent under a shower seat, so I will only have about 20 inches. It will be 6 inches above the flood plane of the toilet though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks