Flexible PVC for bath drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

z_man

Reaction score
I'm installing an new bathtub and I'm having trouble connecting my bathtub drain kit to my p trap and waste line. Can I simply run flexible pvc pipe from the bathtub drain to the p trap (it would only need to be about 4-6 inches in length)? I'm only about 1 inch off from matching the p trap to the bath drain. My only other option is to install another p trap directly under the bathtub drain and then connect into the waste line but I would have to put in a total of 3 corners after the p trap in order to connect to the waste line. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or even up to code.

Thanks,
z_man

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There should be only one P trap and that should be directly below the tub outlet. Flexible PVC is not acceptable.

Mikebarone

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Maybe?

If you can get us a photo of the p-trap assembly, (and maybe, while holding the new connection where it needs to be) we could give you better suggestions.

Mike

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

If you cannot figure out the fittings needed to line the drain up, maybe you need a plumber, especially if you are considering a second P trap which would make your life extremely difficult until you remodeled the bathroom again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks