(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Flexible PVC for bath drain?

Default Flexible PVC for bath drain?

I'm installing an new bathtub and I'm having trouble connecting my bathtub drain kit to my p trap and waste line. Can I simply run flexible pvc pipe from the bathtub drain to the p trap (it would only need to be about 4-6 inches in length)? I'm only about 1 inch off from matching the p trap to the bath drain. My only other option is to install another p trap directly under the bathtub drain and then connect into the waste line but I would have to put in a total of 3 corners after the p trap in order to connect to the waste line. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or even up to code.

Thanks,
    z_man

Thumbs down

There should be only one P trap and that should be directly below the tub outlet. Flexible PVC is not acceptable.

Default Maybe?

If you can get us a photo of the p-trap assembly, (and maybe, while holding the new connection where it needs to be) we could give you better suggestions.

Mike

Default drain

If you cannot figure out the fittings needed to line the drain up, maybe you need a plumber, especially if you are considering a second P trap which would make your life extremely difficult until you remodeled the bathroom again.