Electrical/ plumbing in same stud bay

Users who are viewing this thread

alannaimee

Reaction score
While planning to change the bath vanity and center it up on the wall, I have found that it will require the water lines (Pex) to be in the same stud bay (not sure if that's the right term) with a receptacle that feeds the bedroom opposite the bathroom.

Is this code legal? If so, are there any concerns with this setup?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Alan

lahabra

Reaction score
its ok,

better if they don't touch. I think they can touch I juist prefer that they don't.

bigbird

Reaction score
Plumbing and electrical in the same wall cavity are fine, even if they do touch. Remember, all electrical is insulated. Bare ground wires are OK too.

Construct30

Reaction score
COMMON GUY I was being FUNNY:D

Plumbers are not supposed to have a sense of humor!!!

Do not let the pex touch the box especially if it is metal. I tend to watch the nails on the wire staples even, PEX moves a lot I worry about a hole being worn in it in a hundred years or so, I don't want to be doing warranty work then.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks