I hope this is a dumb question...

Users who are viewing this thread

crosby1

Reaction score
I hope this is a dumb question...Moen 3330 Valve

i'm ready to plumb a new shower using the Moen 3330 valve.

the valve instructions are horrendous, stating that the plasterguard must be "flush with the finished wall"...well now, exactly how does one do that if the finished wall hasn't been finished yet??? and if the finished wall has been finished, how the heck would one install the valve???

do i need to do a complete mock-up of the finished wall before installing this valve? 1/2" drywall -> thinset -> kerdi membrane ->thinset -> tile?

does anyone have any experience installing this valve and maybe can give a few hints??

thanks very much.

pietre.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
moen_3330_1.jpg

Moen 3330 Rough-in valve
Rough-in Moentrol pressure balancing volume control with built-in three function transfer valve with stops-M-PACT common valve system-2 discrete functions, 1 shared function-adjustable temperature limit stop
Not recommended for tub spout application

Finish wall is determined by thickness of backer board, and tile.

http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/3320sp.pdf

http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/instruction_sheets/INS282A.pdf

moen_3330_5.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
i'm ready to plumb a new shower using the Moen 3330 valve.

the valve instructions are horrendous, stating that the plasterguard must be "flush with the finished wall"...well now, exactly how does one do that if the finished wall hasn't been finished yet??? and if the finished wall has been finished, how the heck would one install the valve???

do i need to do a complete mock-up of the finished wall before installing this valve? 1/2" drywall -> thinset -> kerdi membrane ->thinset -> tile?

does anyone have any experience installing this valve and maybe can give a few hints??

thanks very much.

pietre.

You need to know how thick the wall will be when it is done. That is how thick the sheet rock tiles etc... It doesn't need to be perfect. You have room to play with the valve.

crosby1

Reaction score
thanks patrick. how "not perfect" does it have to be?

1/2" drywall, thinset, kerdi, thinset, 3/8" tile...about how thick would you think this is? about an inch more or less?

pietre.

p.s. terry, thanks also. those are the same instructions that moen packs with the valve. this is what's got me confused enough to post here...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks