(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Faucet Recomendation Please

Default Faucet Recomendation Please

Hello All:

I am looking for a single-handle bathroom faucet. I would like one that doesn't need an expensive new cartridge every time one of the rubber parts gets old.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Henry in Seattle

Beware of the Big Box Stores. The "name brand" faucets they sell are a lower quality than the same brand sold by professional plumbing shops. You'll pay more, but you'll get more. Delta and Moen are good choices.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Some brands offer a lifetime warranty and will send you a new cartridge if the old one fails. A good ceramic cartridge should last a very long time unless you have a well and it pumps sand on occasion. Refurbing a delta is pretty quick and inexpensive.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default faucets

If the faucet has a cartridge, it probably does not have rubber washers. A few do, but most use ceramic units.

DIY Senior Member Mike Swearingen's Avatar

I've had all Delta's since 1977, and you can't go wrong with them, although there are comparables. They're very easy to maintain, etc.
    Mike

I would go with Delta. The valves last and very easy to fix. They also come with a nice limited life time warranty.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

For what's its worth, I have low-end Moens in my house - 17 years with no leaks, no maintenance...

All the Delta kitchen faucets I've had needed new rubber seals every three years or so.

Moen, Buy it for looks, Buy it for life!

I recently had a customer that had a vacuum breaker leaking on a pull out style kitchen sink faucet. I was there working on another job and knew that part would be a difficult find. I told him to call 1-800-BUY-MOEN that he had a lifetime guarantee... He was the original owner of the house and it came installed when the house was built. 10-15 minutes later he came and told me the faucet was discontinued no part available Moen was shipping a new faucet.

I like the way they stand behind their product!