I am fixing up the master bath with a new sink, cabinet, and lighting. I would like to install a recessed med cabinet above the sink. I discoverd the vent pipe that goes directly to the roof (straight up). There are no other drains on that vent. The vent pipe is obviously a barrier to recessing the cabinet.

Can I basically re route the vent piping over 16 inches, up past where the cabinet would go and back 16 inches to the original route where it goes to the roof?