Pump Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

pofarm

Reaction score
I have a drilled well with a 4" casing at 96' deep. In 2002 I put a new pump. Two weeks ago I started having water problems again. Today I raised the pump enough to drop a line down the well to see if it was dry. It shows that I have 43 ft of water in the casing. When I fill the casing with water I can get it to pump for so long then it will just quit. I then drop a string down it and it still shows there is 43 ft of water. So do you recommend a new pump, and if so who makes a 3 inch pump. In 2002 we put in a 4 inch pump and we had a lot of trouble getting to go down in the casing. Thanks, Steve

Mikebarone

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Pumping dry?

I’m not sure where you are at, but here in North Phoenix, some of our wells go down 800 feet plus, and some only produce 4 of 5 gallons per minute. I wonder if it is possible that your pump is out pumping what your well can produce. I was told but a well company that I deal with, that I could put a valve on the out going water line, to slow the yield down. My well puts water into a storage tank, and then a jet pumps takes if from the tank into the house, so I can slow the yield down from the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks