Faucet Recomendation Please

Users who are viewing this thread

SunDevil

Reaction score
Hello All:

I am looking for a single-handle bathroom faucet. I would like one that doesn't need an expensive new cartridge every time one of the rubber parts gets old.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Henry in Seattle

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Beware of the Big Box Stores. The "name brand" faucets they sell are a lower quality than the same brand sold by professional plumbing shops. You'll pay more, but you'll get more. Delta and Moen are good choices.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some brands offer a lifetime warranty and will send you a new cartridge if the old one fails. A good ceramic cartridge should last a very long time unless you have a well and it pumps sand on occasion. Refurbing a delta is pretty quick and inexpensive.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I would go with Delta. The valves last and very easy to fix. They also come with a nice limited life time warranty.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
For what's its worth, I have low-end Moens in my house - 17 years with no leaks, no maintenance...

All the Delta kitchen faucets I've had needed new rubber seals every three years or so.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Moen, Buy it for looks, Buy it for life!

I recently had a customer that had a vacuum breaker leaking on a pull out style kitchen sink faucet. I was there working on another job and knew that part would be a difficult find. I told him to call 1-800-BUY-MOEN that he had a lifetime guarantee... He was the original owner of the house and it came installed when the house was built. 10-15 minutes later he came and told me the faucet was discontinued no part available Moen was shipping a new faucet.

I like the way they stand behind their product!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks