Aprilaire 760 humidifier

Users who are viewing this thread

Ronn

Reaction score
My house has this unit attached to the furnace installed by the previously owner. Problem is, it leaks. Water pours out of the unit. Is there some sort of filter in there I need to replace?

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Have you checked www.aprilaire.com?

They have owners manuals for different units online and will show you how to open the unit and replace the media pad. You may also have a clogged drain line - again, the drawings in the owners manual will help figure this out.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This humidifier works sort of like an evaporative cooler. It runs a stream of water down a filter panel. Air moves through the panel evaporating most of it, then any excess flows out the discharge tube. The water that doesn't evaporate has most of the minerals concentrated in it, but some is deposited on the filter material, eventually making it nearly useless. Some humidifiers recirculate the water with a pump from a reservoir, this one (if I read it right) doesn't. If there is no filter material in there, or if it is all scaled up, it won't allow any water to flow through it, only over it, and it won't work very well as most of the water will just run down the drain rather than wetting the filter. The filter material needs to be replaced, probably at least once a year, and maybe more often. I found some replacements on-line that were about 1/4 the cost of the OEM parts...seem to work okay, but aren't quite as thick. Some of the big box stores carry them. This model is not current, but the user manual is here: http://www.aprilaire.com/themes/aa/en/manuals/Humidifiers_Owners_Manual.pdf

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks