easy clean toilet seat

Users who are viewing this thread

daveydo

Reaction score
I have just bougth a house in which the bathroom was recently remodelled. The WC is an American Standard Cadet. The toilet seat is an easy to clean model.
The seat and cover can be quicklty and easily detached for cleaning. I don't know where the previous owner found this thing but I would like to buy another for my second bathroom. The only info on the seat is a patent # 3820175. if anyone can ID this thing and or tell me where I can buy one it would be most appriciated.

D

dc_homeplumber

You can order them through Lowe's or The Home Depot. The ones that American Standard sells are called "Rise and Shine."

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
Home Depot sells one made by Bemis that can be lifted out and is a "no-slam" (the seat and lid 'floats' down slow and easy) which is great for kids especially boys. I bought one a couple of months ago and so far its great and it does make cleaning the toilet a lot easier. The Rise and Shine is made by American Standard but slams like a normal lid/seat.

D

dc_homeplumber

Do you remember the price of the Bemis model? I really like the idea of the no-slamming, which I had never heard of until I got interested in Toto products and learned of their Soft Close seat but I haven't read where the Soft Close by Toto is also a lift-off???

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
the softclose isnot a lift-off. You can unscrew it from the top, but it does not lift off.

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
The Bemis one is both a lift-off and soft close. It's the only one I've found that does both. The round one is only about $23 and the elongated about $28. The lift off is simple and still holds the seat solidly and the soft close does either both seat and lid together or separate. The only critique is the seat is a little high in the back, meaning there's a little gap between the bottom of the seat and the top of rim of the bowl and when someone they feel the gap close up. But still feels solid.

daveydo

Reaction score
Hey Lonnie,
Although original, I can't sell my wife a line about going to Kansas for a toilet seat or to see toto. I 'd like to see Kansas though! I'll have to come up with something better.

I 've tried the local Home Depot for the lift and clean but the whippersnapper I dealt with never heard of it. Next visit to HD I'll talk to someone with a little more experience.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Ball of Twine

We have a ball of twine that's 10 feet around. You need to come see it. I haven't seen it but I know it's here. I think terry has the seats on this site and his prices are good. Did you mean toto the toilet or toto the dog?

abraham's wife

Reaction score
Lift & Clean toilet seats

I, too, have a Lift & Clean toilet seat with the numbers 3820175 on the seat. I could not find them at Home Depot. The Bemis is not what I want, because both the seat and cover lift off, but they lift off as a whole; they do not separate from each other as the Lift & Clean does. I called the place where I had purchased my Lift & Clean many years ago. The man there told me that they had been made by Universal-Rhundle, but that someone bought that company. I found out that Crane Plumbing now carries Universal-Rhundle products and I found the real McCoy at this website: ************.com It is number 8085 by Crane.

grolmund

Reaction score
"Lift and Clean" is made by Centoco

I bumped into this forum in trying to find the product.

Go to Centoco.com aka Peter Anthony Designs. You can pick through the various styles they have and find the lift and clean versions from the pull downs.

I have no idea why these aren't more prevalent. Every toilet we have installed since our first house has had one. They just get harder and harder to find.

I found mine [HP8000LC] at Sears on-line.

Hope this helps the next person.

I'm adding "Lift and Clean" and "3820175" so that search engines can hit here.

Jim from Butler, PA

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks