(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Actual Bidet Seat reviews and comparisons

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the outlet doesn't hit the toilet, you are most likely fine.

Thanks Terry, I hope you're right. I know it's a GFI outlet, but even so, is it safe to have it so close to the bowl? I'm going to try to upload a pic.

We have the Coco 9500X on one of our toilets, installed in June of this year. Paid $399 for it. Water stays warm for as long as it is running. Seat is OK to sit on, but I don't tend to be there long. We have the elongated seat as well. Multiple settings for cleaning and 5 positions for the wand which are more than adequate. I like the controls on the side on the seat. We had a narrow space to put it in and there is still plenty of room to access the controls. So far we are very happy with it.

The electrician agreed with me that the GFI surface mount outlet box overhangs the toilet seat too much. He's going to move it for me. Tried to upload some pics, but they were too big.

800 pixels or less
    Last edited by Terry; 10-24-2012 at 09:15 AM.

What is the difference between a skirted and a non-skirted toilet? Does the difference have a significant influence on what toilet you should buy?

Blog Entries

What is the difference between a skirted and a non-skirted toilet?
    Not much. For some brands, the trapway design is almost identical. One may have an exposed trapway, which is a little more effort to keep dusted off. The enclosed or skirted trapway design is easier to wipe off. Whoever does the cleaning will notice the difference.

Please forgive me for the straight question, I never used bidet in my life yet. I refer to the video below, I am just wondering if it works completely "hands free" or in some occasions some interference would require? I would like to add bidet to my toilet.

The reason I am asking is that I think sometimes it may not be enough to use one cycle and the second would not do a "good job". Then if some "hand interference" required would it be enough space at the toilet seat back? Also if this bidet would supply only water is there an option to add some soap into this water?
    Last edited by piezomot; 12-21-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Blog Entries

There is no option for adding soap to a bidet seat or washlet.
    Not really needed though. Water does a pretty good job. A little paper may still be needed for final cleaning, but you will use so much less, that the paper supply goes much longer on the shelf.

In the colder climates, it's very nice seating down on a warm seat. Not the shock of sitting on something cold in the middle of the night.
    Anyone with medical conditions would be much better off too. I went through colon cancer in the last few years, and it was pretty brutal when I went to other homes without the bidet. Without cleaning with water, it could become very painful. If you know someone in that condition, it would be the best gift possible for them.

Thank you Terry,

I am just wondering if Toto S300 Jasmin Washlet bidet seat shown here

Would fit my Toto Drake II as the toilet itself is elongated (very convenient for male) thus I do not want to be missing this elongation feature when this bidet seat is installed. I like this Wireless Remote Control pendant as I can place it on the wall.

For some reason these bidet seats are very common in Japan, but I heard they play music as well. I never seen bidet seat when visiting any of my friends or relatives or even open houses. It would be interesting to find out why these are not so popular in North America? May be water itself without soap is not giving full sanitation thus some odor would be still present there? Sorry, I just do not know this.

Do you know any places in North America I can visit and try any of these bidet seats? I just would like to try it before I spend $900.

In addition to that I just have found this Hydrojet Bidet Hot and Cold Water Version - No electricity required, uses existing hot water source and priced @ $25. Anyone already purchased this?
    Name:  Hydrojet.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  11.2 KB

Plus Toto says bidet toilets may catch fire:

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...s-free-repairs
    Last edited by Terry; 01-19-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Considering that most people are just using paper to clean, and not any water, it's heads and tails more sanitary then just paper.
    I don't brush myself off with paper towels after a hard day working. I get in the shower and let the water beat on me.

The S300 Washlet in elongated is SW554, and fits very nicely on the Drake II.
    I've have several bidet seats and Washlets in the home. Kohler just sent me their Numi toilet with built in bidet and radio to try out. It has an option for speakers that fit in with the tiles in a shower. I'm considering ordering the speakers for it.

Even the $398.00 bidet seats that I sell do a good job. Most come in the elongated shape.

You might find a local showroom that has a bidet seat. Most around here have them.
    Here's a link to the TOTO site that has a restaurant list
    http://www.totousa.com/Washlet/TryaWashlet.aspx
    Last edited by Terry; 12-21-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Default TOTO Supreme or Supreme II ?

I purchased the Brondell Swash 1000 Washlet seat. Now I'm down to choosing between the TOTO Supreme or Supreme II toilets to replace my
    Kohler Rialto.

I know they have different flushing hardware. I'm looking for the strongest flush and lowest maintenance. Appreciate all recommendations.

Kevin

I bought the TOTO Supreme elongated toilet. I'm ready to have the toilet and Brondell Swash installed but can't find a plumber in my area who has experience installing a washlet seat. Can anyone recommend a plumber in Connecticut who can do this job? I live in Fairfield County. Thanks!

Blog Entries

It's really homeowner doable.
    Two bolts hold the seat on. It comes with the fitting for the shutoff and the supply line to the seat.

I wish I could Terry, but I have a spinal cord illness (Transverse Myelitis) that makes that impossible. It's the reason I purchased the washlet.

Finally got the toilet and washlet seat installed on Monday. The plumber had never installed a bidet seat before, but was the only plumber who was willing to take the job. Guess
    these seats are rare in CT. He complained about the installation from start to finish. He refused to read the instructions and as a result I had to call Brondell customer support
    three times. They were very kind and helpful. At one point he locked the seat bracket onto the seat, when it was supposed to be installed on the TOTO. Even I knew that! So
    I called Brondell and they said don't force the bracket off of the seat! Use the quick release button. I told him this but he had already forced it off. It took him four hours to
    finish, and charged me almost $500, which i believe was a ripoff. At least it's done and seems to work well. At the end he had the nerve to say what a nice seat it is, and he
    might get one for his house...