installing tankless with recirculating hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

billhayton

Reaction score
Any tips on where to install hot water recirculation pump...mfg. directions make it complicated

Fidodie

Reaction score
Please post a link to the manual - or at least give manufacturer and model, we'll find the link!

gmt

Reaction score
What type/ brand tankless w/h? What model recirc pump? Do you have a return line? Too many variables to address without more information...

billhayton

Reaction score
installing noritz 931

Just read the post about rannai....

I like the idea of adding a small tanked water heater on the recirculated loop.

That seems like best idea

Unless you guys (or gals) have other ideas

Squ1rrel

Reaction score
You may also want to check your warranty. Most tankless manufacturer's drop their warranty severely when their product is used with a recirc system, whether it be closed loop or retrofit. Some by half, some by more than that. I believe Noritz drops to 3 years on some models for the heat exchanger.

billhayton

Reaction score
thanks for reply

After much research yes your are right using any recirculated water with this tankless will cut warranty 7 years. However, the warranty does state if only potable, non recirculated water is used - warranty ok.

I believe I will put a check valve on hot side of unit then add 2.5 gallon hot water heater to recirculated loop.

Hot water 24hrs a day at every faucet, no extra wear and tear on tankless.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks