I have seen this at a plumbing parts place, and it has been discussed on this site, as a way to cover the hole that you need to make to replace a shower body. I have talked to two different plumbers. Both said they felt it would not give enough room to change the shower body. Any other suggestions or just keep calling plumbers until one says he's used this method of replacing a shower body and closing up the hole.