Flushing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

daves

Reaction score
Long story short..

Went to help a neighbor with a toilet that appeared to have something stuck in the trap. After plungering it to death, small particles of material that appeared to be rust and or rock coming back into the bowl. Is it possible the inside of the trap area is rotted and is preventing a full flush??? Or can it just be something logged in the trap?? When I plunge I see no paper etc.

Any advise is appreciated.

daves

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
He could have cast iron pipes, and you really are seeing rust. You wouldn't see rust back up into the bowl if there wasn't a clog somewhere beyond it. The plunging agitated things, and broke some off of the inside of the pipe? Normally, it would just flow down the drain...My unprofessional opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks