Could i wire this way?

Users who are viewing this thread

jpatz18

Reaction score
Ok i want to add 2 motion lights at each end of my house (2) (after being broken into i am determined to deter it this time,) And a receptacle im going to run conduit from the *surface mounted receptacle* to the attic (ending the conduit once in the attic)then one of the motion then to the other ( in a series), now my question it do i have to run conduit through the attic or can i lay the wire on the trusses like the rest of my wire( from when it was built). I am adding the motion lights on the fasia or soffit ( i guess thats what its called) i will be adding the light boxes too. All i am going to run on the receptacle is a 16 channel camera junction box.

Also should i use outdoor wire or indoor wire for the motion lights?

Also wiring for a dishwasher i am going to run 12/2 wire from the breaker box to the dishwasher which will be a dedicated circuit. i have to remove my dry wall. (water damaged) Woul i have to run (NM) from the dishwasher to the attic?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The dishwasher needs to be on its own breaker, a dedicated circuit.

As far as the lights go I would run a seperate #12 circuit for them also to a 4 X 4 junction box in the attic and that way if you wanted to add extra lights in the future it will make life easy.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks