A toilet with tank to fit in a 26" space? And, it must flush well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Absoluterob

Reaction score
HI everyone,

I'm renovating my bathroom and currently have a commercial toilet with a flushometer. It's there due to space reason. The model I have is the only one that would fit in the space. Now that I'm renovating, I'd like a toilet with a tank. Unfortunately, the space requirements remain the same. It must fit into a 26" space. A toilet that is larger will prevent the door of the bathroom from opening and closing.

The Toto Drake is close but just a tad too large. Any other suggestions? And, yes, it must flush well enough to suck down a bowling ball!

Thanks,

Robert

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Even if you find a toilet that fits as you want, there is still going to be a space problem with the door. I was faced with a similar problem years ago when I remodeled my bathroom and went with a pocket door. I like it so well that when I added a small bathroom in my basement, I did the same thing. You might want to consider this as an option. It certainly would allow you to use whatever toilet you want to use.

Absoluterob

Reaction score
Gary,

I thought about it but circumstances do not allow. There is a radiator on one side of the door that cannot be moved and pipes in the wall on the other side of the door. Thanks for the suggestion, though! (A folding door or a sliding door of some kind are out of the question, too. They break too easily.)

My best,

Robert

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on where the supply lines for the radiator go, having that on one side doesn't preclude installation of a pocket door as long as you can open up the wall on one side (it doesn't have to be in the bathroom), and there are no wires, ducts, or pipes that can't be moved - a pocket door can be installed.

I also put one in my bathroom, and it really helps. It's sort of a weird setup and actually has two doors into the room that both swung in. Still have one swinging door, but the other is now a pocket door.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilets

A round front toilet is typically 25" from front to back of the tank, BUT the installed dimension to the front of the bowl depends on where the opening is in the floor. If it is at 11 1/2", for example, the bowl will sit back an 1 1/2" from where it would be if the pipe is 13" from the wall.

Absoluterob

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A quick thank you for the advice! Fortunately, a Toto Ultramax round bowl fit and the door just squeaks by it.

My best,

Robert

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks