Hose port on a gravity-fed plastic tank

Users who are viewing this thread

ds18s20

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need to make a gravity-fed water tank out of a big laundry detergent container. The container has the typical push-valve at the bottom - so far perfect for what I need. I can cut the push valve but then I am left with a hole at the bottom of the container.

I know what I need but I dont know what its called - I need a port that will screw into that hole and allow me to insert tubing onto the port and get it watertight with a screw ring. So back to that "port" - what is it?

The ultimate objective is to be able to connect tubing to the tank and have water flow into the tubing by the force of gravity?

Brian

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
It sounds like a boiler drain. They make different sizes and you might find one for the size you need.

R

Rancher

I know what I need but I dont know what its called - I need a port that will screw into that hole and allow me to insert tubing onto the port and get it watertight with a screw ring. So back to that "port" - what is it?
Look for the places that sell large Poly water tanks, like watertanks.com or usplastics.com they sell a bung fitting that inserts from the inside and has a nut/gasket that seals from the outside, the fitting has a NPT size threaded female fitting to adapt to.

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks