Hey everyone. This is my first post here....this forum seems to have a ton of great posters and professionals!
Here is my situation:
I live in Maine. My sump pit is dry for the entire Summer and early Fall. When the rain comes in late fall, and early Spring the pump can go off as often as every 4 minutes or so....but then slow down after a dry week. Winter times takes a bit longer to slow up as the ground is frozen. Anyway, I have a Craftsman pedestal sump pump that I have to admit....it has been a trooper! i put that thing through the ringer and back though so I am sure it is just a matter of time before it kicks the bucket. I want to get a new sump pump and a battery backup. I was originaly going to get a Ridgid as it has that lifetime guarantee......however after searching around here and other places....I can see that is not such a great idea. I was also going to get a Watchdog backup......that seems to get favorable reviews so I still might go that route.
I would like to get a Zoeller M53 main pump. Here are my questions:
1) Here in Maine you can't get them anywhere. So how do I get one??
2) I saw a few on that "popular auction site" from reputable dealers but what if something goes wrong with it?? How can I get parts or service??
3) Should I go the "popular Auction site" route? If not how can I get one or SHOULD I get one living up here??
4) I also saw that the only complaint is the switch. People mention a separate float switch that can attach to the discharge pipe. Should I get this?? Will it work with the M53 pump? If so what EXACTLY do I get and how much extra is it?
5) Is a Zoeller Battery backup much better then the Watchdog?? If so...which one should I get and how much is it?
6) If Zoeller is NOT the way to go because I live in Maine....what would be a good alternative??
Thank you for ANY advice you can offer an I apologize for the VERY long post!!!!