New Bathroom DWV Advice / Review

Users who are viewing this thread

ProjectX

Reaction score
Howdy,

Another newbie here. You guys seem to be more than helpful, so I thought I'd run my design by you. This is an OLD house... about 150 years old. My first roadblock in adding this bathroom is that the floor joists are 2x 6, so I don't have the space under the shower for a trap. I plan to use a running trap about 24" from the shower drain.
Other than that, can you fine fellows have a look and let me know of any fatal flaws? I sort of "borrowed" a drawing from "nelsonba" and modified it to match my situation.
Lav =1.5" ABS, Shower = 2" and Closet / Main Stack = 3".

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Mark, in Frosty Nova Scotia

ProjectX.jpg

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The trap for the shower cannot be a running trap. You need to get it under the shower. The 2 90's in the lav sink drain... A straighter run is desireable.

ProjectX

Reaction score
I wasn't sure about that... any suggestions on how to fit a 2" trap under the floor? (Below is the ceiling for the living room, so I can't really do much with that.) To make life even more difficult, the bathroom is for my elderly parents, and I was hoping to keep the shower pan lip as shallow as possible.

Thanks again.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The shower vent combo is facing the wrong way.
The fitting from the shower to the lav needs to be a combo.
Dropping down from the lav needs a long turn 90 el

Only allowed 135 degrees of of change on that line, so replacing 90's with 45's would be better.

Or come straight up, and arm over for the lav.
Remove running trap as Redwood mentioned and place under drain.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks