drop in tub used as a shower too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Don

Reaction score
K-1257
Mariposaâ„¢ 6' Bath Whirlpool
I bought and installed a 6ft Kohler Mariposa whirlpool drop in tub..display model..got it cheap..I haven't installed tile yet on the 2 X 6 decking or the 3 wall surround....I'm a shower person...Is using one of these as a shower going to be a water disaster?..does anyone out there live painlessly with this configuration?..should I build up Hardibacker on a slight slope and bullnose tile at the top on the fiberglass?..any suggestions?..Thanks ..Don

Last edited by a moderator:

John Aull

Reaction score
Don -

I would install a clawfoot tub shower curtain (you know, the full circle type). Then, I would duct tape, nail and staple (twice) plastic around the entire enclosure. Showering with a rain coat and rubbers would not be a bad idea either. After each shower I would squeegie, towel dry and then blow dry the entire surrounding area. You know, all of this could have been avoid if you had just installed a drain in the surrounding tile area around the tub.

Still your friend & neighbor. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks