Unifit Flange Difficulties

Users who are viewing this thread

Tenderpaw

Reaction score
I picked up a Toto Vespin and a 10 inch unifit this afternoon. I trial fit the unifit and i have issues with my flange. There is an offset flange installed and the flange is not level. It is about 1/2 inch off the floor in the rear and about 1/4 inch off the floor in the front. Thus the unifit will not fit flat over the flange. Will an oversize wax ring seal the gap or am i asking for trouble? If the flange has to be replaced, typically how much destruction is necessary to the tile around the flange?

Thanks,

Dave

TOTO Unifit information

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It is a rare toilet that will sit on a flange sitting that high. Is the piping cast iron or plastic? Do you have access from below or is it on a slab? WIthout seeing it, it is hard to say what will be required. Can you post a picture?

Tenderpaw

Reaction score
Its plastic pipe with an offset flange. The flange itself is steel (cheap). It is in a slab surrounded by tile on a slab. I have a pic on my computer but I'm not savy enough to post it! Thanks.

Dave

Tenderpaw

Reaction score
Ok, i figured out how to attach a pic. Let me know what you think.

Dave

Attachments

• flange.JPG
    flange.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 289

Tenderpaw

Reaction score
if you are referring to the purple, someone put that purple stuff you use to join plastic pipes around the top of the flange.

Dave

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks