We're thinking of putting in a pocket door that will slide into the wall where the shower control and hot/cold water lines are currently planned -- is there such a thing as a surface mounted mixing valve? I know there are the surface mounted chrome bars with the hose/shower wand thingy, but I've never seen one with the ability to control the hot/cold water mix.

Otherwise I guess we bump the wall out an inch or something to accomodate the 1/2" copper lines?