Toto Vespin Water Supply / other 14" options

Users who are viewing this thread

C-Nel

Reaction score
After some research for a 14" rough-in toilet, I settled upon a Toto Vespin with a 14" Unifit adaptor. Now it turns out that the existing water supply would need to be moved in order to accommodate the Vespin.

The existing water supply originates from the floor, 6" to the left of the rough-in (center) line, 3" from the back wall. Toto spec sheeets show the water supply originating from the back wall.

Any recommendations on a water supply relocation that will take the least effort? For the Vespin (or other Toto models), must it originate from the back wall?

My other option is to find another toilet with 14" rough-in that accommodates the exisitng location of the water supply. What are the best options (either other Toto models or other brands)?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you put the water supply in the floor, it will need to be moved farther to the left. The best bet is to get whatever toilet you will be using and measure off of that.

There are a number of toilets with a 14" option.
Most of the time, it's easier to use a 12" toilet and install a shelf or cabinet on the wall to hide the fact that there is a bigger gap back there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks