(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Floor outlets

  1. #1

    Default Floor outlets

    If outlets are installed in the floor, do you need a mud ring to bring the outlet up to finished floor level. Also, do you need a covered switch plate like the ones you use for outdoor outlets?
    Thanks in advance for any reply

  2. #2
    Electrical Contractor/Instructor jwelectric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brosnt1 View Post
    If outlets are installed in the floor, do you need a mud ring to bring the outlet up to finished floor level.
    No, you need a box that is approved for floor installations
    Quote Originally Posted by brosnt1 View Post
    Also, do you need a covered switch plate like the ones you use for outdoor outlets?
    NO you need a cover that is approved for floor boxes
    Quote Originally Posted by brosnt1 View Post
    Thanks in advance for any reply
    You are very welcome

  3. #3

    Default

    the box I used must be ok because I have already had my rough in signed off, can you give me an example of an approved box and cover.
    Thanks

  4. #4
    Jack of all trades frenchie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY and Fire Island, NY
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Go here:

    http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi

    type in "floor receptacle"
    Master Plumber Mark:

    there is nothing better than the
    manly smell of WD 40 in the air
    while banging away on brass with a chisel and hammer...

    it smells like......victory......

    do not hit your thumb...
    __________________
    Just so everyone's clear: I'm the POODLE in the picture ("french", get it?) The hot woman is my wife.

  5. #5

    Default

    thanks Frenchie

  6. #6
    Electrician Chris75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Litchfield, CT
    Posts
    608

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brosnt1 View Post
    the box I used must be ok because I have already had my rough in signed off, can you give me an example of an approved box and cover.
    Thanks

    Don't count on it. Not every inspector catches 100% of everything. You may get hit during trim.
    Just my 2 worth.

  8. #8

    Default

    thanks everyone for your help.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •