Hi All,
I am not a plumber by trade but had a ballcock valve in my water tank disintegrate on me over the weekend and caused a small torrent of water to descend down from my loft!
Anyway, I resolved the problem by purchasing a new ballcock and replaced it.

However, the design of the valve got me thinking.
As the water fills the valve gradually shuts off the water supply until it eventually stops. this seems to be a simple enough design but the drawback is that as it approaches the end the amount of time to stop the flow is very long particularly if the tank is large in surface area.

My question is, does a valve exist that allows the water to flow at full rate until the desired level is reached when the water is then shut off completely?

Sort of like a digital switch instead of an analogue one?