Faucet choices for a Duravit sink

Users who are viewing this thread

JojoSF

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Duravit 1930 Collection pedestal sink. The website says that the holes are specifically drilled for Grohe faucets. Does anyone know if it's possible to put other brands in that sink? Isn't the size of the faucet holes a standard size?

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most will probably work. What I did find when I installed one for my mother was that the hole on the bottom was a bit larger than a stock US sink, and while I got the thing to seal, if you got a little tigher, it would just slide up into the bottom.

JojoSF

Reaction score
Are you talking about the drain hole or one of the faucet holes?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Assembling the drain. Note, a "stock" hole for a single handle faucet is typically 1-3/8" on a US sink. Separate handles and spout might have different sized holes. My guess is that the hole is in this range. Their spec sheet should say what size the hole is. Compare that with the norm. The installation instructions for a faucet usually gives a range of size for the hole that will work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks