Newbie Question- Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

bonds77

Reaction score
I'm obviously new to the plumbing world but here goes:

I installed a new vanity and countertop. Originally I figured I could just attach the existing plumbing, turn on he water, and we're good. Under the sink, ONE of the copper supply lines reaches the LH tap, but the RH does not. This is copper piping- no flex here. There are no shutoff valves under sink.

How can I extend the one supply line to reach? I can't think of a way short of cutting off the line, installing flex, etc. This seems like a pain- I only need an inch of line!

TIA....can provide pictures too.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You need a copper tubing stretcher but they are very expensive and would be hard to operate under a sink.

Your next best option would be to cut the copper line, attach a new stop, and get a stainless steel supply line, get one that is very long and loop it to fit.

bonds77

Reaction score
I was hoping you wouldn't say that....

This requires soldering, correct? When I say Newbie I mean i've never even done that....but willing to give it a go! We definitely could use new stops under the sink.

bonds77

Reaction score
Sorry for being this dumb, but hey, i'm new to this....

I'm going to cut off the copper at the base of the current elbow fitting. How then do I join the stop valve to the copper, if i'm not sweating it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks