Self Leveling Compound

Users who are viewing this thread

ttw4454

Reaction score
I am about to finish off my basement. The floor is not level in general and also has some pits from where I pried up the bottom plates of some old walls. I had laminate/linoleum type tiles glued to the floor in some spots and those have been scraped off but a small amount of adhesive may be still on the floor. My long term plan is to keep most of this just concrete but stain it a decorative color.

With that said, my question is three fold. 1) Is self leveling compound the correct choice (realize the cost would be high). The total area I'd like to "redo" would be approx 750-1000 sq ft. 2) Do I have to etch the concrete first of put a bonding agent on? 3) Will any residual flooring adhesive from the tiles affect the bonding of self leveler?

I appreciate any help. I realize this will be a big project but I'm capable and willing to do the work.

Thanks,
Tim

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Self-leveling-cement (slc) is not designed as a finished surface, so if you intend to leave it once cleaned up and leveled, you need something else. Don't know what your best choice is...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks