Adding a service

Users who are viewing this thread

noweare

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello All,
I currently restore tiled bath & shower surrounds ie regrouting, recaulking, tearouts etc.

Some are in such bad shape because of water damage that its more cost effective for my customers to go with inserts from sterling, american , etc..

I have not installed one of these surrounds as yet. What is the learning curve on installation and what do you consider the toughest part of the install.
I would like to add this capability to my business as an option to my customers.

Thanks
Joe

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you are talking about glue-up shower walls, these cannot be installed over existing ceramic tile.

As for the tub, are you talking about sprayed on coatings, or formed liners? Most of us are not enamored with either as the track record is not good for longevity. They are used a lot by hotels and motels which need to maintain a very fresh cosmetic appearance, and redo every 2 to 4 years is just part of the budget;

noweare

In the Trades
Reaction score
Jimbo:
I would not be installing over existing tile. I would be demo'ing.
It would be related to remodeling and not new construction.

Tub: No glazing, formed liners

I'm looking at BCI products. They seem to have good quality products and training.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks