Getting more water now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Siestabob

Reaction score
I lifted all my sandpoints up about 5-7 ft. and am getting over 30 gpm. I was the one who was aksing a while back about only getting 12 gpm and how I could get more. The problem now I am having is I get about a tablespoon full of sand in my bucket that I am testing my well with. Is this normal? SHould I continue to run the pump to get rid of the sand eventually? Should I lift the sandpoints another couple of feet say to 16 ft. to eliminate the sand? SHould I put a filter on the system and would this clean up the sand? Will that little bit of sand hurt my sprinkler heads?
Thanks
BOb

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
While I am not a well expert I am going to guess that the 30 GPM is so high that it is causing the sand to "float" and enter the pump. If you can slow the GPM back to 25 or 20 I bet you won't get any sand.

Lets see what the experts have to say.

pitless

Well Driller, pump installer, engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.pitlessunit.com
Keep pumping the well. The sand content should become less. If the sand content goes way down, stop and start the pump a few times. This is called development and the fine sand around the well is removed and the well capacity and life increases. If you have too much sand then you need a finer screen. As small amount of sand at first is okay and actually better in the long run.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks