vent stack - roof boot

Users who are viewing this thread

lhoward145

Reaction score
Will be cutting the vent stack(PVC) and making changes. When I install new PVC parts, can I slide the vent stack a little ways up thru the roof boot so I can make my PVC connections with PVC cement?

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Will be cutting the vent stack(PVC) and making changes. When I install new PVC parts, can I slide the vent stack a little ways up thru the roof boot so I can make my PVC connections with PVC cement?

It depends on the boot. If it's lead, maybe not. If it's a rubber boot, possibly. If it's cold and brittle or covered with roofing cement, it might tear. Instead of moving it, cut the pipe and use a repair coupling (no ridge in the center so you can slide it over one end of the pipe completely).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks