Undercutting baseboard?

Users who are viewing this thread

alt

Reaction score
Just moved into our new house, and all the baseboard through the lower level of the home was installed flush with the concrete floor. Want to install carpet, but no space to tuck it in. Is it possible to somehow undercut the trim so as to make space for carpet? Not sure we have budget or time to rip out and install all new trim.

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
Alot of trim guys dont leave the trim up for carpet, I've seen guys run a circular saw down it, but I don't know if its even necessary...

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
In the old days, you didn't tuck it in - you ran shoe molding (aka quarter-round), after.

Ditto.

The only way this won't work is if your molding is that real small stuff that is only about 2" tall.

Tom

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I would not worry about it. They can tuck it over the tack strip for a nice installation.

Unless you pull up the molding and rip it down, it will be hard to get a professional look.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks