How to increase low flow toilets water flow

Users who are viewing this thread

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
The pressure assisted "Sloan flushmate" I went to their expo just before they started the toilet change out and said "HELL NO" to much noise and once a company puts out a video how to make a tool out of 2" PVC to make repairs I said no way will I dare try to sell this in NYC as I would catch a severe beating . I did attend the Sloan class and even have a certificate :) . Sloan should stick with flushometers and stay away from tanks

I think being an expert witness for over 47 years I am super cautious when installing a new product and thankfully I kept away from power assisted toilets

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...laints-leads-massive-flushmate-recall-n922771

RustyKnuckles

Reaction score
Environmental "experts", who weren't plumbers, pushed the low flow mandates through Congress. I live in an area where there is plenty of ground water and no reason at all for a low flow toilet, yet If I don't obey I'll be punished. I can't seem to change my location, under my avatar, but I'm not in Cal. anymore, I'm in a wet part of the Midwest

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
The low flow toilets helped me buy my first Lexus

Reason being the sewer and drain lines were sized by 7.48 gallons for a fixture unit and a flushometer was considered 6 FU

With less scouring action the mosquitoes thrived in sewer especially combination types

Only way to get rid them was a water Jetter with clorox flowing through the nozzles

Also many of the larger sewers 8" and 10" had stoppages from toilet paper not having enough GPM to flush them away and with wet ones it was amazing for plumbers who do drain cleaning

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks