2 Tubs - Same problem

Users who are viewing this thread

mike999999

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

PLeased to meet you all. :D

We recently purchased a house and from the very get-go the bathtub upstairs never drained right.

It would always drain slowly. I've tried snaking it, plunging it and even tried chemicals.

Unfortunately, the only success I've had was to make it drain once when it actually stopped.

If we use the bathroom sink - eventually the tub would back up and again drain.

The basement bathtub was another story. The p-trap had somehow collapsed and it was draining into the floor. We tore up the whole bathroom and re-did the plumbing - which went down in the concrete.

The flow seemed to be okay during our initial tests.

Well, the plumbing downstairs is doing the exact same thing now. Draining slowly once enough water is added and backing up from the sink into the bathtub. Once it does drain, we'll sometimes get a gurguly drip, drip, drip from the bathroom sink.

Both tubs are doing the same thing - one on the top floor - one in the basement.

Could this be a vent issue or a partially blocked main?

ThaNKS,

Mike

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Could be either or both. If the drain had collapsed in the basement, that may not be the only place it has failed. My first non-pro thought is it might be time to find a plumber/drain cleaner that has a camera and see what's going on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks