(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 3-Handle Moen Shower Diverter

  1. #1

    Default 3-Handle Moen Shower Diverter

    I just got a new diverter for the three-handle shower in my tub. The old one (worn) was "plastic" and you can feel the wear. The new one (Moen Part) is brass. All the parts I need are in the pack PLUS a small tube of cream-like material. Is this a matching compound for the barrel of the new brass diverter valve where it fits into the brass valve body? Or is it additional sealant for the o-rings on the stem? Maybe you can help... Thanks --- EdP

  2. #2


    The small package is silicone lubricant, used to lubricate the o-rings before inserting the part so that they don't tear.

  3. #3


    Thank you very much. i definetely appreciate the help. I wasn't sure if that stuff was supposed to be used for the brass parts --- Thanks! --- EdP


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts