3-Handle Moen Shower Diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

Yardjockey

Reaction score
I just got a new diverter for the three-handle shower in my tub. The old one (worn) was "plastic" and you can feel the wear. The new one (Moen Part) is brass. All the parts I need are in the pack PLUS a small tube of cream-like material. Is this a matching compound for the barrel of the new brass diverter valve where it fits into the brass valve body? Or is it additional sealant for the o-rings on the stem? Maybe you can help... Thanks --- EdP

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
The small package is silicone lubricant, used to lubricate the o-rings before inserting the part so that they don't tear.

Yardjockey

Reaction score
Thank you very much. i definetely appreciate the help. I wasn't sure if that stuff was supposed to be used for the brass parts --- Thanks! --- EdP

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks