DWV Model

Users who are viewing this thread

sctclimbs

Reaction score
I was inspired by a recent post of a DWV system and so I created my own. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am remodeling 2 bathrooms that share a wall. The copper colored pipes are what is currently in the house. I will be shifting the wall between the bathrooms about 2 feet to expand the materbath. The white pipes are new sections of pipe that I will add to the current set up.

Please note that model is NOT to scale. The main stack is 3 inch pipe. Everything connecting into it is 2 inch. The double sinks are
1 1/2 inch pipe feeding into a 2 inch stack vent.

DWV1.jpg

DWV-tub.jpg

The toilet is moved to the left to better see the pipes.

DWV-sink.jpg

DWV-shower.jpg

DWV-doublesinks.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Dwv

It would not fly here. You have a cross for the two toilets, the shower is not vented and you have a y for the lavatory connection, as starters.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
It would not fly here. You have a cross for the two toilets, the shower is not vented and you have a y for the lavatory connection, as starters.

If wet venting is allowed in the OP's jurisdiction I believe he may be compliant with code as long as the lines going up are vents and not stacks. The shower is vented off of the bathtub vent.

Here back to back water closets are allowed as long the developed length be3tween the outlet of the wc and the conction to the double sanitary tee is greater than 18".

Guess it all depends on the code's ruling the OP's location.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If wet venting is allowed in the OP's jurisdiction I believe he may be compliant with code as long as the lines going up are vents and not stacks. The shower is vented off of the bathtub vent.

Here back to back water closets are allowed as long the developed length be3tween the outlet of the wc and the conction to the double sanitary tee is greater than 18".

Guess it all depends on the code's ruling the OP's location.

And the wye on the lav?

sctclimbs

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to mention that I was limited in what models I could down load. Would have been good info. to add. :) The cross is san. cross with a san. side inlet. The shower connection is 3 feet from the stack and is wet vented. All that stuff is what has been in the house for 40 years. The lav. connections are supposed to be san. tee's. The toilet 90's should be long sweeps.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
fittings

I would use the proper, and required, back to back fixture fittings for the toilets and any other back to back fixtures, rather than stacked tees. And the shower drain is too far from its vent, AND the tub is flowing past its connection which could create a venturi effect.

lav_rough_double_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I would use the proper, and required, back to back fixture fittings for the toilets and any other back to back fixtures, rather than stacked tees. And the shower drain is too far from its vent, AND the tub is flowing past its connection which could create a venturi effect.

It's alright if you don't like wet vents. They are a fact of life here and many other places.

back to back fixture fittings for the toilets and any other back to back fixtures,

A san tee is perfectly acceptable with the exception I noted.

than stacked tees

The stacked tees are just for the two lavs coming up to the side. Either stacked tees or the fitting grumpy called a frogeye (both tees face the same direction) is ok and I've found preferable. I'd rather have two separate traps.

And the shower drain is too far from its vent

The shower drain is within two feet of the vent. The horizontal is considered the vented line.

AND the tub is flowing past its connection which could create a venturi effect

The vent line must be washed, otherwise you'd have a dry vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks