Toilet Flange Repair Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

adambrich

Reaction score
I could really use some help! I am in the process of replacing a toilet in my downstairs bathroom. Upon removing the old toilet, I discovered that the flange had nearly completely rusted apart. So much so that I could remove it just by pulling it off. It was mounted around a 4" pvc pipe coming out of the concrete slab, on the underside of a kind of funnel of sorts. (I know I'm using the wrong lingo, but I'm trying to learn.) I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to attach a new flange without having to call a plumber out. Money is pretty tight and it would be amazing if I could take care of this myself. I would greatly appreciate any and all information anyone might be willing to share. Also, I'd really like to get this taken care of today since I don't have a usable toilet downstairs right now. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG00025.jpg
    IMG00025.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG00024.jpg
    IMG00024.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 335
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks