What is the best shallow well pump to buy? Not to loud!

Users who are viewing this thread

grandparay

Reaction score
I just completed putting in another shallow well in my basement. I am looking for a new pump and was hoping that maybe someone out there may be able to make a suggestion. I am looking for something fairly quiet as it is in the house and also something that will last. Thanks for your help. My well is about 20' deep.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just completed putting in another shallow well in my basement. I am looking for a new pump and was hoping that maybe someone out there may be able to make a suggestion. I am looking for something fairly quiet as it is in the house and also something that will last. Thanks for your help. My well is about 20' deep.

If the hole is big enough a submersible will work and will be the most efficient and quiet.

If you get a submersible you will want to get one that is sized for a shallow well application. The usual submersible sold off-the-shelf in the big-box stores will be for a moderately deep well and will deliver far more pressure than you need.

You might be able to find a small diameter submersible sampling pump (as small as 2" well) that will meet your requirements if your well is too small for a 4" submersible.

pitless

Well Driller, pump installer, engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.pitlessunit.com
One of the quitest pumps on the market is made by Grundfos. It is water cooled so there is no fan noise. Grundfos is a good pump. It will cost more than a pump purchased at a big box store.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks